ExpatTaxPros is a boutique practice made up of expatriate tax professional advisors specializing in both tax compliance and consulting services including:
- Tax return preparation for US citizens & "green-card" holders living/working outside the US as well as foreign nationals living/working and/or investing in the US
- Handling of IRS as well as State residency audits
- IRS Streamlined Procedure Fact Sheet for low risk Non-Resident Non-Filers
- Assistance with Delinquent FBARs Fact Sheet
- Releasing foreign tax credit (FTC) carryovers for clients in excess FTC position, resulting in current tax refunds
- Preparation of forms 8938 "Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets" and FinCEN 114 "Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts" (FBAR)
- Global Athletes & Entertainers
- PFIC reporting & taxation (Passive Foreign Investment Company), including foreign holdings in mutual funds, ETF’s and precious metals related instruments - form 8621
- Foreign entity reporting expertise including forms 5471, 3520, 3520-A, 8858 and 8865
- Foreign pension plan consulting for both US and non-US taxpayers seeking to maximize retirement funds
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure (OVDI) 2012 Program (see IRS website)
Our clients come to us because of the pro-active, personal attention they receive. We work closely with our individual clients and develop strong relationships based on competence and trust – our partners have over 40 years combined international tax compliance and consulting experience.
We work with US taxpayers employed overseas who need assurance that they are in compliance with IRS as well as state tax and reporting rules.
We also work with foreign citizens coming to live in the US while retaining their foreign investments, entity holdings as well as foreign pension plans. Reporting of such foreign interests has attracted heightened IRS scrutiny and significant penalties in recent years for non-compliance.
Whatever your international tax needs, ExpatTaxPros will work with you to ensure that you are in compliance and saving money!
Comparison of Form 8938 and FBAR requirements Comparison Link
IRS website 'International Taxpayers' resource page IRS Page Link